Sunday, April 10, 2005

A Heretic in Doha!


Taking the plane out of Syria had a new feel about it. No. It's not freedom. After all, I am only going to attend a conference and will be back to Damascus in a few days.

Indeed, it is a different sort of angst that I feel now, hard to decipher or fathom. It will take me a while to figure it out. Still, one thing is certain at this stage. The Lull will not last long. The Lull will be coming to an end all too soon. Like it or not, I'll have to be ready for a new round of interrogations, confrontations and threats. Yes. This time there will be threats.

I am sure of it.

The plot continues to thicken. And I continue to wrestle with myself over issues I thought were long resolved. But no. Nothing get resolved while we live. A lull just imposes itself upon us every now and then.

But this one was just too short. Too short.

Still, it will have to do.

PS. Catherine, believe me, I understand your frustration.